Pat Midgley Research Centre
True’s Yard is a unique heritage site and tourist attraction but it is also an important town archive. The Museum is a treasure house of local history with a variety of primary and secondary sources. Whether researching your family history, local history, studying for a qualification or just interested in history, you can access our exceptional social and cultural history and take advantage of the wealth of information at our Research Centre. A Reference Library, Archive Room and Reading Room with history files are all at your disposal. A large Sound Archive containing hours of easily accessed recordings can be listened to as well. Staff and volunteers can offer advice and guidance.
What's in the Research Centre?
- Reading Room - a quiet area for visitors to study
- Reference Library - local history books, maritime and more
- Historic Books Section - historic texts dating back to 1700s
- Digitised Collection – over 7000 photos and documents
- www.ancestry.co.uk - trace your family tree
- Archive Room - a collection gathered over 23 years
- Eastern Sea Fisheries Archive – A special collection ( by appointment only)
- Sound Archive – memories of the North End and King's Lynn
- Computer Suite - 8 computers (Room hire £15 per hour or £60 10am-4am)
- Education Room - seats up to 45 (Room hire £15 per hour or £60 10am-4am)
The Research Centre is free of charge, except for room bookings and school visits where fees apply.
Seniors (over 60) £2.50
Children (under 5′s go free) £1.50
Family (2 adults + 2 children) £6
Research Centre Free