Pat Midgley Research Centre
True’s Yard is a unique heritage site and tourist attraction but it is also an important town archive. The Museum is a treasure house of local history with a variety of primary and secondary sources. Whether researching your family history, local history, studying for a qualification or just interested in history, you can access our exceptional social and cultural history and take advantage of the wealth of information at our Research Centre. A Reference Library, Archive Room and Reading Room with history files are all at your disposal. A large Sound Archive containing hours of easily accessed recordings can be listened to as well. Staff and volunteers can offer advice and guidance.
For details of Family History Classes visit the Events page.
What's in the Research Centre?
- Reading Room - a quiet area for visitors to study
- Reference Library - local history books, maritime and more
- Historic Books Section - historic texts dating back to 1700s
- Digitised Collection – over 10,000 photos and documents
- www.ancestry.co.uk - trace your family tree
- Archive Room - a collection gathered over 23 years
- Eastern Sea Fisheries Archive – A special collection ( by appointment only)
- Sound Archive – memories of the North End and King's Lynn
- Computer Suite - 8 computers (Room hire £15 per hour or £60 10am-4pm)
- Education Room - seats up to 45 (Room hire £15 per hour or £60 10am-4pm)
The Research Centre is free of charge, except for room bookings and school visits where fees apply.
Seniors (over 60) £2.50
Children (under 5′s go free) £1.50
Family (2 adults + 2 children) £6
Research Centre Free
No dogs allowed except for guide dogs.